WHY DID JESUS HAVE TO DIE?
Jesus died to be our Redeemer:
He died as the Firstborn Redeemer.
He was the only begotten son of God, the reproduction of God Himself,
who became obedient unto death to redeem the world from the law system of death. (1)
Jesus died to become our Intercessor:
He died as The Intercessor to bring reconciliation between God and sinners, but also to bring reconciliation between the victim and the perpetrator. (2)
–To the repentant sinner He is the True Victim of every sin who waives the charges, making atonement.
The Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all, Isaiah 53:6
–To the victim He is touched with the feeling of our infirmities, Hebrews 4:15, and He has carried our sorrows, Isaiah 53:4. He alone brings divine consolation and peace to the victim whether or not the perpetrator repents.
Jesus died to Purge our Conscience:
-His own blood washes us from our sins purging the conscience defiled by sin. (3)
Jesus died to be the Second Testator: (4)
-Jesus, as the sole heir of the Father,
died to bequeath to his many brethren the inheritance of the Father.
Jesus died to take away the sin of the world. (5)
John 1:29 Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.
(1) He Who Bleeds, A Systematic Theology of Intercession, by Susan Ector Ward, chapter 2: Death’s Usurped Dominion and the Firstborn Redeemer
(2) Ibid. chapter 4: The Twofold Redemption
(3) Idid. chapter 4: The Twofold Redemption
(4) Ibid. chapter 3: The Two Covenants and an Eternal Inheritance
(5) Ibid. chapter 4: The Twofold Redemption